JOB DESCRIPTION FOR NDACO RESOURCES GROUP
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Field Technician
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Service Dept.
APPROVED BY: Vice President
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000 plus benefits
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full Time Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Field Technician works directly with our clients and other technicians and engineers. This position is responsible for responding to calls for service assigned by the Service Coordinator. Calls for service are in response to client user’s hardware and/or software issues. The Field Technician assists other technicians and engineers to manage work load requirements. He/she performs functions associated with ordering parts/supplies, completion of service tickets, time and expense entry, and other technical duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Fundamental Job Duties and Responsibilities):
E1. Accountable for responding to service tickets assigned by the Service Coordinator either through remote access or onsite visits as required.
E2. Independently diagnoses IT problems and issues and services and repairs systems as necessary.
E3. Reviews client contracts as to level of service provided and documents service activity so that appropriate billing can be generated and processed.
E4. Monitors his/her individual service level to insure that the overall organizational customer service objectives are being met.
E5. Consults with other technical staff as necessary to address complex issues or problems.
E6. Periodically travels to remote locations throughout the state to provide onsite technical service and occasionally must perform weekend or after hours work.
E7. Consistently participates in training programs designed to keep certifications up to date on new technology requirements.
E8. Frequently travels to remote locations throughout the state to provide onsite technical service and occasionally must perform weekend or after hours work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all skills, effort, responsibilities, and working conditions required of people assigned to this job classification.
Education and/or Related Experience:
Equivalent experience to High School graduate and 2 year advanced degree in computer science or related technology or equivalent experience.
- Basic hardware and software application skills at a level that will allow the incumbent to diagnose, repair or replace client IT equipment.
- Diplomacy and resolution skills to address problems and issues that may involve clients, vendors, etc.
- Working Knowledge of NRG related products.
- North Dakota Driver’s License in good standing.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to function independently within the parameters of established customer guidelines and service levels.
- The incumbent must demonstrate a positive disposition with clients, vendors and business associates even when challenged or faced with a difficult situation.
- This position requires the incumbent to be even keeled and courteous to customers and vendors.
- Individual must be able to multi-task and be able to shift priorities on a frequent basis.
- Oral and written skills are necessary.
- Ability to understand and interpret computer terminology as it relates to various applications.
- On a regular basis, the incumbent is required to: sit at a desk to write, read, and converse in person or on the phone; respond verbally to inquiries of internal and external contacts. On a regular basis the fundamental job duties require operating a PC, telephone and related IT equipment
- Overall, the fundamental job duties require physical exertion most characterized by: Sedentary work or lifting 40 pounds frequently and carrying materials and documents. The incumbent is required to travel frequently by car and must be able to walk, stand and work in confined places.
Supervision of Others:
Periodic overnight travel.