JOB DESCRIPTION FOR NDACO RESOURCES GROUP
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Senior Systems Engineer
REPORTS TO: Service Manager/ President
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Service Dept
APPROVED BY: President
FLSA STATUS: Full Time Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Systems Engineer works directly with our clients and other technicians and engineers. This position is responsible for responding to calls for service assigned by the Service Coordinator and or the Service Manager or President. The Systems Engineer is responsible for a high degree of complexity in the primary support of client’s overall systems. This position is required to provide technical assistance and systems design guidance to our clients in an efficient and profitable manner. He/she acts proactively to keep our client’s operations running optimally, and to meet our customer service standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Fundamental Job Duties and Responsibilities):
E1. Must exhibit a high level of technical knowledge and is able to apply it to client technical issues and problems.
E2. Ability to provide professional services to include server and network installations, configuration and technical support of hardware and software, networking monitoring, desktop and smartphone support.
E3. Responsible for proactively leading and mentoring other technical staff members in resolving issues or developing technical solutions for clients.
E4. Ability to effectively research and design technical solutions for client opportunities.
E5. Assists the Sales Department in engineering client opportunities.
E6. Consistently participates in training programs designed to keep certifications up to date on new technology requirements.
E7. Reviews client contracts as to level of service provided and documents service activity so that appropriate billing can be generated and processed.
E8. Periodically travels to remote locations throughout the state to provide onsite technical service and occasionally must perform weekend or after hours work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all skills, effort, responsibilities, and working conditions required of people assigned to this job classification.
Education and/or Related Experience:
Equivalent experience to High School graduate and minimum 2 year advanced degree in computer science or related technology plus 3 years experience or equivalent 5 years of related experience.
- Current CompTIA Certification (A+, Server + and Network + or equivalent experience
- Current Microsoft certified IT professional (MCITP) or equivalent experience
- Certified SonicWALL Systems Administrator (CSSA) or equivalent experience
- Windows Server Certification and management or equivalent experience
- Ability to design and configure semi-complex network routing and switching environments
- Working knowledge of network and cyber security best practices
- Customer service oriented
- North Dakota Driver’s License in good standing
- Incumbent must have strong computer analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must actively seek out new and existing technologies that will benefit NRG and its clients.
- Assumes ownership and accountability of sophisticated and comprehensive IT initiatives.
- Must track and insure completeness and accuracy of service tickets and time and expense and make sure it conforms to current client contract arrangements.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to function independently within the parameters of established customer guidelines and service levels.
- Maintain customer satisfaction surveys of 4 or above.
- This position requires the incumbent to be even keeled and courteous to customers, vendors, and staff.
- Individual must be able to multi-task and be able to shift priorities on a frequent basis.
- Oral and written skills are necessary.
- Ability to understand and interpret computer terminology as it relates to various applications.
- On a regular basis, the incumbent is required to: sit at a desk to write, read, and converse in person or on the phone: respond verbally to inquiries of internal and external contacts. On a regular basis, the fundamental job duties require operating a PC, telephone and related IT equipment.
- Overall, the fundamental job duties require physical exertion most characterized by: Sedentary work or lifting 40 pounds frequently and carrying materials and documents. The incumbent is required to travel frequently by car and must be able to walk, stand and work in confined places.
Supervision of Others:
This person must be able to organize and work with staff to satisfactorily complete projects that the Systems Engineer is ultimately responsible for.
Service Manager/ President
Periodic overnight travel as necessary